Sunday, April 11, 2021

The TV Roundup #12


I spent a third of the past week fighting off a low-grade migraine but I still somehow managed to "watch" a lot of episodes. "Watch" in quotation marks because I was only paying half attention for most of these. Oh and I was able to finish several coasters, a bottle cozy, and one baby mitten! I am slowly getting better. Next week's project is the other half of said baby mitten and a second pair using different colored yarn and slightly pattern.


Mask | E01-E12

Started off the week with this rollercoaster makjang craziness. Did it make much sense? No. Was I entertained? Very much so. All the actors gave their 110% and, to quote Anna Kendrick:

LOL no you can't click play. It's just a screenshot off YouTube. This is my favorite behind the scenes episode. Trevor Noah + Anna Kendrick is the dream team.



It blows my mind that Mask came out in 2015. I thought I first watched this nearly a decade ago. That's how far ago 2015 feels like. This trip down memory lane brought to you by a hankering for a good contract marriage drama. Mask was just the ticket. Su Ae and Joo Ji-hoon going from sorta enemies to becoming each other's ride-or-die was *chef's kiss*.
 

Oh! Master |  E05-06

I actually started this show last week but forgot to add it to the list. It's cute enjoyable fluff but not very memorable. If I stop watching for whatever reason, I don't have much incentive to go back. Lee Min-ki's character here feels like a slightly different iteration from his last two projects. Nana, as much as I would love to love her, just isn't there yet. She's still very green and it shows. I got the impression off twitter that she was one to watch out for so I went in expecting her to be much better than what she's showing right now (this is her first acting project that I've seen). I am probably being harsher on her than I normally would be, but I want her to be good damn it. I like her and she does show promise. I hope she gets to demonstrate her acting chops as the show progresses.

Confession: I have a not insignificant girl crush on Nana. Pic from Pinterest.


The Sword and The Brocade | E37

Losing interest with this one. Not very surprising considering my only interest in the show was to see the OTP get together and now they're finally shacking up and being lovey-dovey like a true married couple. Don't even talk about the stupid politics. It's dumb and boring. Show ends next week so maybe I'll watch the remaining episodes on 1.5x while I do chores or something.


You Are My Hero | E01-E31

YAMH ate up my week. The TV "Medicine" drove me bonkers in the beginning but Ma Si-chun is so gosh darn adorable I had to keep watching. I'm glad I pushed through (only paying half attention and skipping whole scenes helped hehe). The OTP is wonderful together. Considering both Mi Ka and Xing Ke-lei are each other's first, they're giving us old married couple vibes and a maturity that is not often seen during the first blush of a new relationship. The secondary OTP is cute too. Ruan Qing-xia (another lovely face to add to my girl crush list) more than Shu Wen-bo. Shu Wen-bo is a frustrating, dense block of wood. Multiple times I just wanted to reach in through the screen and knock some sense into him.

Jiang Pei-yao looks like a cross between Rainie Yang and Nana. Pretty pretty <3. I definitely have a girl crush type. This gif and more here.

Cutest little munchkin ray of sunshine. Source of this adorable gif.


No comments:

Post a Comment