Saturday, March 27, 2021

The TV Roundup #10


This week has been alternating bursts of productiveness and indolence. I did some studying, screened people for vaccination, doomscrolled (schadensurfed?) news on Twitter, fell into a YouTube black hole. Exciting stuff.

None of the shows I watched this week merited the honor of header pic so I chose this pic of Song Joong-ki instead. I heard he was pulling a homme fatale and then I saw him with the horse and the swoopy bangs. I almost regretted dropping Vincenzo. Almost. To be fair, I have heard good things since I dropped it. Who knows, maybe it'll get loads better for the rest of its run.


The Sword and Brocade | E26-30

Yawn. I was bored. Shiyi's investigations lead her to suspect Xu Ling-yi and she accidentally stabs him with scissors. This obviously causes Problems on top of other crap they've got going on. The Emperor sends him somewhere far to deal with...something. I forget what. I usually skip the politics and I have pandemic fog brain. Last Wednesday feels like last month. Anyway, Lingyi goes despite his injuries, she gets rightfully exiled and punished for the injury she accidentally caused. I say rightfully because no mamma, especially one as protective and biased as Grand Madame Xu is going to care that it was an accident. Other shit goes down, somebody tries to kill Shiyi, Lingyi comes back in a dramatic rescue. They sort of reconcile but not really (he's still understandably cold towards her) and that's where it ends. Weird place in the story to end but oh well. They've got 15 more episodes to make up and for crying out loud will you kiss already???

A still from episode 36. THIS is the kind of cuteness I want, Show. Gimme gimme!


Jeopardy | 2017 Tournament of Champions

Austin Rogers is defeated after 13 (14?) straight wins and he comes back to play in the tournament of champions. And what a tournament it was! All the champions who came back, Rogers included, were excellent. The two-part finale was particularly riveting. The final players, Buzzy Cohen, Alan Lin, and Austin Rogers, were all great players and entertaining personalities. They're probably my most favorite trio of players ever. I love the gags they and Alex Trebek did at the beginning of each match. It was clear that everyone was having lots of fun.

Look at those scores! It was a tight match for most of the games until the daily doubles came into play and caused an upset.


No comments:

Post a Comment