Wednesday, February 3, 2021

My Cooking Dash Daily Goals Cheat Sheet

I wrote the original post a month ago. When I was writing the intro, I did my due diligence and found out that the OG list is back but on a different site. A dilemma for me. I didn't want to take away any traffic from them when they helped me so much with my game play and my current list would not have been possible if I didn’t have their data to build on anyway. On the other hand, I felt it was a shame for the work I had put in to go to waste. I couldn't decide at the time so I shelved this until I could make a decision. Ultimately, I chose not to post my version since the OG list worked just fine -- it just wasn't tailored to my use case. I'm sharing the original post I wrote but removed the Cheat Sheet portion. Instead I added a screenshot of the word doc I use so you have an idea what it looks like. The list still gets updated occasionally but it'll be kept for private use.

OG Cooking Dash Daily Goals Cheat Sheet here.

--- Original post below ---
Confession: I am a Cooking Dash junkie. Or maybe junkie isn't the right word. Fanatic? Avid player? Loyal customer?

I've been playing the Cooking Dash reboot since its launch in 2016. I enjoy it because it allows me to disengage and focus on the game without requiring too many brain cells. Even when school got really busy, I would play the game during my break times. I’ve long since finished all the restaurants/shows but I still play the game from time to time to collect gold. I have a tendency towards completism, so of course I want to purchase all the auto chefs, outfits, and shop upgrades. 

When I first began playing the game regularly, I got frustrated having to keep searching for specific episodes to achieve the daily goals so I started a list. Years later I realized other people probably did the same and already did all the finger work. I searched good ol’ internet and there it was: my holy grail

My old list was left in the dust and rarely updated, and I became a frequent visitor of that website until May 2020 WHEN IT SUDDENLY WENT POOF. Gone! Disappeared! I was dismayed. After I spent days doing it the old-fashioned way and occasionally using my lackluster list, I tried my luck on the internet, and nope it's still gone. But I did stumble on a community forum where one kind commenter linked the dead site’s Web Archive. I copied the info onto a word document and have since added info from my old list, reformatted, edited, and personalized it for my own ease of use. Which I am now sharing to you. Because sharing is caring! This is not an exhaustive list and it is far from complete. I still play the game regularly but I don't update my list every time. I promise to do better and will update *this* posted list whenever I can. 

Before you jump into the list, a quick primer. Restaurants and recipes are listed alphabetically. The 3-digit numbers refer to season and episode, as one sometimes does when referring to multi-season TV shows. Numbers in parenthesis refer to number of recipe appearances. 

Example: Candied Brain - 312 (5x) means Candied Brain appears 5x in Season 3 episode 12 of Adventurous eats. 



P.S. 
Don't judge me too hard. I had months of pandemic quarantine downtime and anxiety-driven procrastination to work on this (instead of, yunno, something actually productive like studying). XD

No comments:

Post a Comment